The Customer Appointment Review is an Excel report that helps you find customers who have not been for an appointment recently.
More specifically it searches for customers who...
- HAVE had an appointment in the PAST.
For example, you can select Customers who had an appointment sometime within the last 2 years.
- BUT HAVE NOT been for an appointment RECENTLY.
For example, NOT in the last 6 months.
- And DO NOT have one booked in the NEAR FUTURE (optional).
Running the Report
To run the Customer Appointment Review...
- Log in to BizDiary as an admin or manager level user.
- Go to Reports > Run Report.
- Select Custs: Appointment Review.
- Fill in the dates for when Customers HAVE had an appointment.
- Optional: Fill in the no FUTURE appointments before.
- Go to the Output tab, and change the options as needed.
- Click [Run].
- Your browser will ask whether you want to Open or Save the file.
We recommend that you choose Save (see Should I choose Save or Open?).
Using the Report
Now that you have the information you will probably want to contact those customers in some way. You may want to simply print off the report and then contact them personally by phone, or you could send them a letter, or use email or SMS.
Sending an SMS
SMS messaging is a fast and efficient way to contact your customers, and using the Bulk SMS feature along with the Customer Appointment Review provides a great way to contact your customers.
You can find details on how to do this in How do I SMS customers I haven't seen recently?
Another option is to send an email to all the customers in the report. Many email programs have a way of creating a mass email using a data source such as Excel (or you may need to save the data from Excel in CSV format).
If your email program cannot do this, it might be possible to get an Add-On or Extension which does.
The Excel file can be used as a source for creating a mailing list in Word (using Mail Merge) and other software, so this makes it easy to create and send a letter.