A great use of the Customer Appointment Review is that you can use the phone numbers as a source for sending a Bulk SMS.
As with sending any SMS you should make sure you understand your obligations under the Spam Act.
On 1 March 2012, I decide to follow up with customers who have not had a recent appointment. I decide that anyone who hasn't seen me since before 2010 is probably not interested, and if it's been more than 6 months since their last appointment (31/08/2011) they probably need a follow-up.
I book a long way in advance, but if they don't have an appointment within the next 6 months (1/9/2012) I think I should also contact them.
Here's what I'd do...
- Run the Customer Appointment Review entering the following...
Customers who HAVE had an appointment, Between 1/1/2010 and 31/08/2011.
But have no FUTURE appointments before 1/9/2012.
- Open the Excel file.
- Check the list. There may be customers who I know have moved away, for example, so I delete these rows.
- Sort the data by the MSISDN column (standardised mobile number), and then select all the numbers from this column (not the heading row though).
- Copy the numbers (Ctrl + C).
- Go back to BizDiary and select Toolbox > Send SMS.
- Paste the numbers (Ctrl + V) into the Send to field.
- Type in the Message.
- Check that everything looks right, and then press [send]. You will be asked to confirm the message.
If you want people to be able to reply, make sure you have Allow Replies turned on in you SMS Settings (found under Account > Settings on the SMS Settings tab).
Replies will be delivered to your reception email account (set in Account > Settings), and can also be viewed in the SMS Detail Report.